Supreme Court Judges annual evidence with Committee
19 March 2019
The Constitution Committee hears annual evidence from the President and Deputy President of the Supreme Court.
Wednesday 20 March 2019 in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon. Baroness Hale of Richmond, President of the Supreme Court
- Rt Hon. Lord Reed, Deputy President of the Supreme Court
- The justice system has been under significant budgetary pressure in recent years. To what extent, if at all, has that pressure manifested itself in the workings of the Supreme Court?
- The Supreme Court will sit in Wales for this first time this summer. What have been the benefits of previous sittings of the Court in Scotland and Northern Ireland?
- A significant volume of EU law is due to become UK law on 29 March as a consequence of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. What challenges, if any, will the judiciary face when interpreting retained EU law?
- How has the Supreme Court changed during its first ten years?
When leaving the House of Lords a decade ago, would you have expected the Court to develop as it has?
Image: Parliamentary copyright