Minister for the Constitution gives annual evidence to Committee
13 March 2018
On Wednesday 14 March the Constitution Committee holds its annual evidence session with the Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP.
Wednesday 14 March 2018 in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster.
- Chloe Smith MP, Parliamentary Secretary (Minister for the Constitution), Cabinet Office.
- How are constitutional issues handled across Government? What is the division of responsibilities for constitutional issues and who is responsible for taking an overarching view of the constitution as a whole?
- What are the Government's priorities for the constitution and what plans do you have for constitutional reform, beyond those related to Brexit?
- What consideration has the Government given to how Parliament might scrutinise treaties post-Brexit?
- As part of our inquiry on the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill, we heard from the Leader of the House of Lords that the Parliamentary Business and Legislation Committee was now "overseeing secondary as well as primary legislation … in order to improve the quality and ensure a consistent flow of SIs to Parliament." What assessment has been made of the impact of these new arrangements?
Image: Parliamentary archive