Lord Chancellor gives annual evidence to Constitution Committee
9 May 2018
The Constitution Committee holds its annual evidence session with the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice, Rt Hon. David Gauke MP.
- Rt Hon. David Gauke MP, Lord Chancellor and Secretary of Sate for Justice
- What distinctions do you see between your roles as Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice?
- What do you see as your responsibilities in respect of the constitution? What role do you play in the discussion of wider constitutional issues within government?
- What steps are you taking to improve the efficiency of the justice system to reduce the costs associated with delays and the impact it has on the people involved?
- What concerns do you have about recent high-profile failures in criminal cases related to evidence disclosure? What steps will the Government take to ensure the justice system works effectively in this regard?
Image: Parliamentary copyright