Constitution Committee calls for evidence on revision of the Cabinet Manual
25 March 2021
The Constitution Committee would like your views on whether the Manual needs to be updated and what role it should play as a public facing document.
- Call for evidence
- Send a written submission
- Inquiry: Revision of the Cabinet Manual
- Constitution Committee
The House of Lords Constitution Committee is undertaking an inquiry into the revision of the Cabinet Manual. It is exploring whether the Manual needs to be updated and what role it should play as a public facing document.
These are the questions we would like your views on, but the Committee welcomes written submissions on any aspect of this topic.
- What role does, and should, the Cabinet Manual play as a public facing document?
- Should the Cabinet Manual be updated and, if so, what changes are required?
- What approach should the Government adopt to ensuring the Cabinet Manual is kept up to date?
- Recognising the Cabinet Manual is an Executive document, what role, if any, should Parliament have regarding its revision?
- Can any lessons be learned, or adopted, from other jurisdictions without a codified constitution?
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday 14 April 2021.