Experts discuss the impact of Covid-19 on the courts
1 June 2020
The Constitution Committee will hold its second evidence session on the challenges that Covid-19 presents for our courts, the justice system and the effectiveness of virtual proceedings.
- Constitution Committee
- Inquiry: Constitutional implications of COVID-19
- Parliament TV: Constitutional implications of COVID-19
Wednesday 3 June at 10.00am
- Richard Susskind, President, Society for Computers and Law
- Hazel Genn, Professor, University College London
- How effectively have courts and tribunals responded to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How effective are virtual court and tribunal proceedings?
- What are the implications of virtual proceedings for media and public?
- What legal, procedural and resource changes are needed if we move to more virtual court and tribunal hearings long-term?