President of the Supreme Court to give evidence to the Constitution Committee
4 March 2020
The Constitution Committee will hold its annual evidence session with the President and Deputy President of the Supreme Court.
- Parliament TV: Evidence from the President and Deputy President of the Supreme Court
- Select Committee on the Constitution
Every year the Constitution Committee hears from the President and Deputy President of the Supreme Court as part of its series of annual evidence sessions.
Wednesday 4 March 2020 in Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Reed of Allermuir, President of the Supreme Court
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Hodge, Deputy President of the Supreme Court
- What role does the Supreme Court have in protecting the constitution? What role does the Court have in respect of the relationship between the executive and the legislature?
- Do you think the two Miller cases have helped improve public understanding of the Supreme Court? What steps are you taking to improve public awareness of the Supreme Court?
- Is there an argument for greater political involvement in appointments to the senior ranks of the judiciary?
- What steps are you taking to ensure that as wide and diverse a pool of candidates apply for any future vacancies on the Court?
- What do you see as the implications of Brexit for the legal system?