UK advertising in a digital age report debate
24 April 2019
The House of Lords debates the Communications Committee's report "UK advertising in a digital age" on Thursday 25 April.
- Parliament TV: UK advertising in a digital age [sometime after 11.30am]
- Report: UK advertising in a digital age (PDF)
- Evidence volume: UK advertising in a digital age (PDF)
- Inquiry: The advertising industry
- Government response: UK advertising in a digital age
- Select Committee on Communications
The report, published in April 2018, found that although advertising was a highly successful industry and key to the UK's economy, the digital advertising market was dysfunctional and opaque to the extent that even individuals within the industry did not have a clear understanding of it.
The Committee recommended that the industry should take greater steps to self-regulate through independent bodies and called on the Competition and Markets Authority to undertake a market study of the digital advertising market to ensure that it is working fairly for businesses and consumers.
Image: House of Lords 2019 / Photography by Roger Harris