Ofcom Chief gives evidence to committee
7 March 2016
The Communications Committee questions Sharon White, the Chief Executive of Ofcom, in a one-off evidence session.
Tuesday 8 March in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Sharon White, Chief Executive Officer, Ofcom
Sharon White took over the role of Chief Executive of Ofcom in March 2015. A year after taking the helm, the Committee questions Ms White on a number of issues, including:
- whether the Communications Act 2003 meets the need of the modern sector, or is some of it now out of date, given the pace of technological advancement
- which key recent developments in Europe might have an impact on the UK Communications sector
- the likely implications for UK consumers and content providers of the recent EU legislation on ‘net neutrality'
- her thoughts on Sir David Clementi's recommendation that "regulatory oversight of the BBC should pass wholly to Ofcom", and the implications it could have for the organisation
- the findings of Ofcom's Strategic Review of Digital Communications on BT and Openreach
- the implications a change to the ownership of Channel 4 may have for the current regulatory framework