Enders Analysis and Ofcom give evidence on Channel 4
11 April 2016
The Communications Committee holds the first evidence sessions of its new inquiry into the sustainability of Channel 4 on Tuesday 12 April.
- Parliament TV: The sustainability of Channel 4
- Inquiry: The sustainability of Channel 4
- Select Committee on Communications
- Claire Enders, Founder, Enders Analysis
- Dr Steve Unger, Chief Technology Officer, Ofcom
- Gareth Barr, Head of Public Service Policy, Ofcom
- What makes you think that Channel 4 is commercially sustainable?
- Why is the Government showing concern over its future now?
- Should Channel 4 be privatised?
- Is Channel 4 fulfilling its core public service broadcasting duties?
- Ofcom has just renewed Channel 4's licence for another ten years – why is the Government talking about privatisation now?
- How sustainable is Channel 4?
- Is Channel 4's obligation to older children and younger adults being met?
The Committee hears from industry analysts and senior officials at Ofcom on a range of issues such as whether Channel 4 should be privatised, potential buyers for Channel 4, technology changes, and its public service broadcasting obligations.
Tuesday 12 April in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
Possible questions to Claire Enders
Possible questions to Ofcom witnesses