Lords to hear evidence on digital skills in the advertising industry
13 November 2017
The Communications Committee continues to take evidence for its inquiry into the UK's advertising industry and hears from two leading creative agencies and two specialists in digital marketing and adtech.
- Parliament TV: The advertising industry
- Inquiry: The advertising industry
- Select Committee on Communications
Tuesday 14 November, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
The Committee explores a range of issues including advertising skills and how best to improve the diversity of the advertising workforce. Giving evidence is:
- James Murphy, Chief Executive Officer, adam&eveDDB
- Leo Rayman, Chief Executive Officer, Grey London
The Committee explores the role entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs play in the advertising industry and how the advertising industry must adapt in the face of growing online advertising. Giving evidence is:
- Tobin Ireland, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Smartpipe Solutions
- John Kearon, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, System 1 Group PLC
Possible lines of questioning
Questions the Committee is likely to ask across both sessions include:
- How is the UK advertising industry adapting to the shift to digital media advertising?
- What particular skills and experience are being provided by EU citizens?
- How should immigration policy better support the advertising industry?
- What are the main barriers to students from BAME or other under-represented communities in the UK entering the advertising industry?