Claire Enders discusses the future of television in an on-demand world
18 March 2019
The Communications Committee takes evidence from Claire Enders, Founder of Enders Analysis and a leading analyst of the media industry, to commence its new inquiry investigating the future for public service broadcasting in the context of the rising popularity of video on demand services.
- Parliament TV: Public service broadcasting in the age of video on demand
- Inquiry: Public service broadcasting in the age of video on demand
- Select Committee on Communications
Tuesday 19 March, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Claire Enders, Founder, Enders Analysis
Possible lines of questioning
Topics likely to be covered in the evidence session include:
- The rising popularity of on-demand content and the impact on broadcast TV
- The benefit of public service broadcasting
- How the production of UK content could be encouraged
- The response of public service broadcasters to demand for on-demand content
- Whether the obligations on public service broadcasters, such as in the content they show and the way they commission it, should be revised.
Image: Enders Analysis