Should PSBs make programmes more easily available online?
31 May 2019
The Communications Committee continues taking evidence for its inquiry into public service broadcasting in the age of video on demand when it questions representatives from Virgin Media, techUK and Arqiva.
- Parliament TV: Public service broadcasting in the age of video on demand
- Inquiry: Public service broadcasting in the age of video on demand
- Select Committee on Communications
Tuesday 4 June, Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- David Bouchier, Chief Entertainment Officer, Virgin Media
- Steve Holebrook, Managing Director, Terrestrial Broadcast, Arqiva
- Craig Melson, Programme Manager, techUK
The Committee asks the witnesses about changes in the distribution and consumption of TV and how broadcasters' video on demand and other online services could be more appealing to audiences.
Possible lines of questioning
Topics likely to be covered include:
- The future of linear television
- How subscription video on demand services such as Netflix should be regulated
- The importance of prominence for public service broadcasters