What is the future of commercial radio as a news provider?
11 May 2020
The Communications and Digital Committee holds its next evidence session on the future of journalism, in a virtual meeting.
- Parliament TV: The future of journalism
- Inquiry: The future of journalism
- Select Committee on Communications and Digital
The meeting examines commercial radio in the UK and its role as a news provider, explores funding for innovative news organisations and discusses the challenges and opportunities for smaller organisations.
Tuesday 12 May at 3.00pm
- Adam Thomas, Director, European Journalism Centre
- Anna Hamilos, Senior Programme Manager, Nesta
- Jimmy Buckland, Director of Strategy, Wireless Group and Managing Director, Wireless Studios
- Will Harding, Chief Strategy Officer, Global Media & Entertainment
Questions likely to be asked across both panels include:
- What are the biggest challenges faced by journalism start-ups seeking a sustainable business model?
- How have digital technologies changed the production and consumption of commercial radio?
- What are the most successful examples of innovation?