Experts and local government give evidence on adult social care
22 October 2021
On Monday 25 October from 4pm the Housing Communities and Local Government (HCLG) Committee holds the first evidence session of its inquiry into long-term funding of adult social care.
- Parliament TV: watch the session live
- Inquiry: Long term funding of adult social care
- Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee
Purpose of the session
The cross-party group of MPs will question witnesses over two panels.
In the first panel, representatives from local government – which commissions and pays for social care services – will be asked for their views on how far the Government’s new Health and Social Care Plan addresses adult social care funding pressures. They will also be asked about the integration of health and social care, and for views on what should be included in the Government’s upcoming social care white paper.
The second panel, made up of industry representatives from the adult social care sector, will also be asked for their views on the Plan and upcoming white paper, as well as about pressures on the workforce and how the adult social care market can be stabilised.
Monday 25 October 2021
- Councillor Tim Oliver, Chair, County Councils Network
- Stephen Chandler, President, Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
- Sarah Pickup, Deputy Chief Executive of the Local Government Association
- Jane Ashcroft CBE, Chief Executive, Anchor
- Steve Scown, Chief Executive, Dimensions UK
- Dr Jane Townson, Chief Executive, Homecare Association