Committee hear from from Housing Associations and regional housing representatives
17 October 2019
- Watch on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: Long-term delivery of social and affordable rented housing
- Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee
Purpose of the session
With completions of social and affordable rented homes at an all-time low, the Committee will question housing associations and regional housing groups on what is preventing them from building more. It will examine how housing associations currently fund new homes, and how vulnerable the current mixed funding model is to market slowdown.
The Committee will ask about impact of the introduction of Affordable Rent, Right to Buy and Right to Acquire on levels of provision and affordability for housing association tenants. The session will also look at the relationship between housing associations, local authorities and national Government, as well as issues including planning and access to land.
Monday 21 October 2019, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Fiona Fletcher-Smith, Group Director of Development and Sales, L&Q
- Clare Miller, Chief Executive, Clarion Housing Group
- Ged Walsh, Director of Development and Asset Management, Karbon Homes
- Brian Robson, Executive Director (Policy and Public Affairs), Northern Housing Consortium
- Matt Thomson, Head of Planning, Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Victor da Cunha, Chair, Homes for the South West