Boris Johnson questioned on fiscal devolution to cities
3 March 2014
The Communities and Local Government Committee holds its fourth evidence session on fiscal devolution to cities and city regions, in relation to London, on Monday 3 March.
- Parliament TV: Watch the evidence session on fiscal devolution
- Inquiry: Fiscal devolution
- Communities and Local Government Committee
The session will explore and test, in relation to London, recent proposals to give cities and city regions greater powers to raise and spend money locally. It will also examine:
- the process of devolving powers, governance, business rates and borrowing
- equalisation and redistribution
- non property taxes
- Boris Johnson, Mayor of London (submission 29)
- Darren Johnson, Chair, London Assembly (submission 12)
- Jules Pipe, Chair, London Councils (submission 07)
- Colin Stanbridge, Chief Executive, London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (submission 19)
All other written submissions received can also be found on the fiscal devolution inquiry page.
Follow the inquiry on Twitter using #citydevolution.