Work and Pensions Secretary Mel Stride to face questions from MPs
28 November 2022
Work and Pensions Committee questions Mr Stride on his priorities for the rest of the Parliament, including how DWP plans to support people through the cost of living crisis. He is likely to be asked about measures announced in the Autumn Statement and issues around the benefit cap and the adequacy of benefit levels.
- Watch Parliament TV: The work of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Inquiry: The work of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Work and Pensions Committee
Wednesday 30 November 2022, Committee Room 6, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Mel Stride MP, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Peter Schofield, Permanent Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions
The Secretary of State will also likely face questions on topics relating to the Committee’s inquiries, including the cost of childcare and tackling economic inactivity, as well as Pension Credit, support for disabled people and his department’s commitment to transparency.
Image: Parliamentary copyright