Health & Safety Executive questioned on impacts of the coronavirus pandemic
11 May 2020
This Work and Pensions Committee session focuses on the HSE’s role in enforcing safe working practices and giving guidance to employers, as well as issues around the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Watch Parliament TV: DWP's response to the coronavirus outbreak
- Inquiry: DWP's response to the coronavirus outbreak
- Work and Pensions Committee
Tuesday 12 May 2020, this session will be held virtually
- Martin Temple, Chair, HSE
- Sarah Albon, Chief Executive, HSE
- Professor Andrew Curran, Chief Scientific Adviser and Director of Research, HSE
- Professor John Simpson, Medical Director, Emergency Resilience and Response, Public Health England
The Committee last took evidence from the HSE in March. Last month, the Committee received a letter from the HSE in response to follow-up questions on how it was protecting workers during the coronavirus pandemic and its role in enforcing government guidance on social distancing.
Image: Simon Davis/DFID