DWP's preparations for changes in the world of work examined
18 September 2020
The Work and Pensions Committee hears from employment policy experts and youth charities on how to ensure young people are properly supported to adapt to changes and trends in the labour market brought about by new technology and the coronavirus pandemic.
- Watch Parliament TV: DWP's preparations for changes in the world of work
- Inquiry: DWP's preparations for changes in the world of work
- Work and Pensions Committee
Wednesday 23 September, virtual meeting
- Sam Windett, Impetus
- Torsten Bell, Chief Executive, Resolution Foundation
- Joe Fitzsimons, Head of Education and Skills Policy, Institute of Directors
- Ashley McCaul, CEO, Think Forward
- Laura-Jane Rawlings, Founder & CEO, Youth Employment UK
- Ben Marson, Director of Partnerships, The Princes Trust
The hearing is part of the inquiry examining DWP’s preparations for changes in the world of work and the fourth industrial revolution, which could have a fundamental impact on the services the Department needs to provide.
The session is expected to focus on trends in the labour market and skills requirements as well as the effect of the pandemic and employment initiatives such as the Kickstart scheme. It could also examine the impact of the end of funding from the European Social Fund and the shift to the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.