How can Wales’ energy grid become net zero ready for the increase of renewable projects?
22 April 2022
The Welsh Affairs Committee will continue hearing evidence as part of its inquiry on Grid capacity in Wales. It will hear from industry including Ofgem, National Grid ESO, National Grid NGET, The Crown Estate and the Distribution Network Operators (DNOs).
The session will explore the implications of grid capacity issues for the energy sector in Wales, and how this impacts Wales’ net zero targets.
Details of the session
Among the issues likely to be discussed at this session are:
- The transmission and distribution network in Wales;
- The role of Ofgem and regulation in future proofing the grid;
- The role of National Grid ESO, the Future Systems Operator and District Network Operators in Wales in offering connections and grid reinforcement;
- How rural areas can be connected to the grid.
- Peter Bingham, Chief Engineer, Ofgem
- Julian Leslie, Head of Networks, National Grid ESO
- Huub den Rooijen, Managing Director, Marine, The Crown Estate
- Malcolm Bebbington, Head of Future Systems Strategy, SP Energy Networks, Scottish Power
- Ben Godfrey, DSO Manager, Western Power Distribution
- Roisin Quinn, Director of Customer Connections, National Grid NGET
Image credit: Robin Drayton