Committee takes evidence from key industries in Wales
5 October 2020
Welsh Affairs Committee hears from a panel of experts covering the steel, automotive and pharmaceutical industries in Wales on the post-Brexit future of their sectors.
- Watch Parliament TV: Brexit and trade: implications for Wales
- Inquiry: Brexit and trade: implications for Wales
- Welsh Affairs Committee
Thursday 8 October 2020, virtual session
- Professor Peter Wells, Director of the Centre of Automotive Industry Research
- Dr Kathryn Ringwald Wildman, Steel Industry Analyst
- Dr Richard Greville, Director ABPI Wales Cymru & Distribution Supply Chain, Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
The UK’s withdrawal from the European Union (EU) will change the way in which businesses trade with the bloc and with non-EU countries. With negotiations still ongoing, it remains unclear on what basis the UK will be trading with the EU after the transition phase ends in January 2021.
The Committee is likely to ask the panel about:
- the opportunities and challenges that would face their sectors from either a Canada-style agreement, or no deal with, the EU;
- the readiness of their sectors for either of those outcomes; and
- the concerns they might have over disruption of supply chains.