Port operators to discuss readiness for new UK-EU trading arrangements
25 September 2020
A panel of port operators give evidence to the Welsh Affairs Committee on the implications for Welsh ports of new customs processes and arrangements in the event either of a free trade deal with the EU or trading on WTO terms.
- Parliament TV: Brexit and trade: implications for Wales
- Inquiry: Brexit and trade: implications for Wales
- Welsh Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
The Committee will likely explore:
- implications of a ‘Canada-style’ deal for Welsh ports if one is reached with the EU;
- the potential effects of trading with the EU on WTO terms for Welsh ports, including on port infrastructure and additional customs processes; and
- the potential implications of a deal or no deal with the EU for Wales-Ireland trade flows.
Thursday 1 October 2020
- Ian Davies, Head of UK Port Authorities, Stena Line
- Spencer Birns, Interim CEO, Cardiff Airport
- Andrew Harston, Director Wales and Short Sea Ports, Associated British Ports
- Richard Ballantyne, Chief Executive, British Ports Association