Welsh Affairs Committee to examine merits of freeports in Wales
13 March 2020
The Welsh Affairs Committee will hold a one-off evidence session where it will hear about the feasibility of freeports in Wales from port executives and a panel of trade and logistics experts
Purpose of the session
MPs are likely to ask about the consequences of new customs checks arrangements at the ports after exploring the economic impact and relative merits of establishing a freeport at selected sites in Wales.
Wednesday 18 March 2020, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Wyn Parry, Port Manager, Holyhead Port Authority;
- Andy Jones, Chief Executive and Executive Director, Port of Milford Haven;
- Andrew Harston, Director Wales and Short Sea Ports, Associated British Ports;
- Richard Ballantyne, Chief Executive, British Ports Association.
- Prof. L Alan Winters, Director of UK Trade Policy Observatory, University of Sussex;
- Prof. Andrew Potter, Cardiff University Business School;
- Paul Swinney, Director of Policy and Research, Centre for Cities.
Image: Marisol Grandon via DfID