BBC Trust and S4C questioned by Committee
28 January 2016
The Welsh Affairs Committee continue their inquiry into the future of broadcasting in Wales. Among those giving evidence are Rona Fairhead, Chair of the BBC Trust, Ian Jones, Chief Executive of S4C and Huw Jones, Chairman of the S4C Authority.
- Watch Parliament TV: Broadcasting in Wales
- Inquiry: Broadcasting in Wales
- Welsh Affairs Committee
Monday 1 February 2016, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Rona Fairhead, Chair, BBC Trust
- Elan Closs Stephens, Trustee for Wales, BBC Trust
- Ian Jones, Chief Executive, S4C
- Huw Jones, Chairman, S4C Authority
- Dr Ruth McElroy, Centre for Media and Culture in Small Nations, University of South Wales
Committee chairman David TC Davies commented:
"This session provides an opportunity for the committee to understand the future of Welsh programming as the BBC undergoes charter review. We will be looking to see what funding pressures S4C faces and how this will affect their output. We will also want to hear about the work S4C and the BBC are undertaking to represent the interests of viewers."