Wylfa Newydd nuclear power plant operators questioned
7 March 2016
The Welsh Affairs Committee hears evidence from Horizon Nuclear Power the builders of the plant, Albert Owen MP, the constituent MP where the site is located and the Rt Hon the Lord Elis-Thomas AM.
- Watch Parliament TV: The future of nuclear power in Wales
- Inquiry: The future of nuclear power in Wales
- Welsh Affairs Committee
Monday 7 March 2016, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Alan Raymant, Chief Operating Officer, Horizon Nuclear Power
- Greg Evans, Operations Director, Horizon Nuclear Power
- Albert Owen MP
- Rt Hon the Lord Dafydd Elis-Thomas AM
Committee chairman David TC Davies said:
"Wylfa Newydd is a major infrastructure project and an important part of the UK Government's new nuclear build strategy. However, it is important that it provides value for money and that it is built on schedule.
We also welcome Albert Owen MP and Dafydd Elis-Thomas AM who represent constituencies affected by nuclear power. We will hear from them about the impact of nuclear power in their areas and the role it plays in the economy and job creation."