Mark Carney questioned on Financial Stability Reports
12 January 2017
The Treasury Committee heard evidence from the Bank of England on its Financial Stability Report 2016.
- Watch Parliament TV: Bank of England Financial Stability Reports 2016
- Inquiry: Bank of England Financial Stability Reports 2016
- Treasury Committee
Wednesday 11 January 2017
- Dr Mark Carney, Governor, Bank of England
- Alex Brazier, Executive Director, Financial Stability Strategy and Risk, Bank of England
- Anil Kashyap, External Member, Bank of England
- Martin Taylor, External Member, Financial Policy Committee
Financial stability risks
Commenting after the session, Rt Hon. Andrew Tyrie MP, Chairman of the Treasury Committee, said:
"The Governor has given strong advice today, both to the UK Government and to the governments of the rest of the EU. He's told the Government that it is "highly advisable" to seek agreement to transitional arrangements, and at the start of the negotiations.
And he's also told the UK's negotiating counterparts in the EU that they, more than the UK, are vulnerable to financial stability risks during the period of transition. I hope they are all listening."