Committee questions Chancellor, OBR and experts on Autumn Statement
18 November 2022
The Treasury Committee scrutinises the Chancellor of the Exchequer’s Autumn Statement across three sessions next week.
On Monday 21 November at 3.15pm, a session with experts and academics will be held scrutinising the statement. This will be followed on Tuesday 22 November at 2.15pm by a session with the independent Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR). On Wednesday 23 November at 3pm, the Committee will hear from the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Jeremy Hunt.
Likely focuses for the Committee will include the impact of the statement on households and businesses across the UK, on inflation, and taxes. MPs are also likely to discuss economic growth, investment in infrastructure, and departmental spending.
Monday 21 November 2022, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Dr Linda Yueh, Fellow, St Edmund Hall, Oxford University
- Mike Brewer, Deputy Chief Executive and Chief Economist, Resolution Foundation
- Samuel Tombs, Chief UK Economist, Pantheon Economics
- Carl Emmerson, Deputy Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies
Tuesday 22 November 2022, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Richard Hughes, Chair, Office for Budget Responsibility
- Andy King, Member of the Budget Responsibility Committee, Office for Budget Responsibility
- Professor David Miles CBE, Member of the Budget Responsibility Committee, Office for Budget Responsibility
Wednesday 23 November 2022, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Dan York-Smith, Director Strategy, Planning and Budget at HM Treasury
Image credit: UK Parliament