Treasury Committee approves Monetary Policy Committee appointment
30 June 2022
The Treasury Committee today approves the appointment of Dr Swati Dhingra to the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
- Read the full report (HTML)
- Read the full report (PDF)
- Find all publications related to this inquiry, including oral and written evidence
The Committee held an appointment session on 29 June 2022 and, in a new report published this morning, outlines it is satisfied that Dr Dhingra has the appropriate professional competence and personal independence for the role.
In the session, MPs discussed Dr Dhingra’s views on inflation and the Bank’s recent decisions on interest rates.
The Committee agrees to the appointment and wishes Dr Dhingra every success in the role.
- Inquiry: Appointment of Dr Swati Dhingra to the Monetary Policy Committee
- Treasury Committee
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees
Image: Parliamentary copyright