Treasury Committee question Chancellor and OBR on Spring Statement
24 March 2022
The Treasury Committee will question the Chancellor on the Spring Statement at 2.40pm on Monday 28 March.
Purpose of the session
The cross-party Committee of MPs will quiz the Chancellor on his plans to reduce income tax, changes to the threshold at which national insurance is paid, as well as the Government’s response to the increasing cost of living.
The session will follow a hearing with the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) at 11.30am on Monday 28 March, in which MPs will scrutinise their assessment of the Chancellor’s measures and updated economic forecasts.
Monday 28 March 2022
- Richard Hughes, Chair, Office for Budget Responsibility
- Professor David Miles CBE, Member of Budget Responsibility Committee, Office for Budget Responsibility
- Andy King, Member of Budget Responsibility Committee, Office for Budget Responsibility
- Rt. Hon. Rishi Sunak MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Accompanied by Dan York-Smith, Director of Strategy, Planning and Budget, HM Treasury
Image: Parliamentary Copyright