Office for Budget Responsibility questioned on Fiscal Risks Report
20 July 2021
The Treasury Committee hears from the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) in an evidence session on Wednesday 21 July at 14:30.
- Parliament TV: Office for Budget Responsibility Fiscal Risks Report
- Inquiry: Office for Budget Responsibility Fiscal Risks Report
- Treasury Committee
The session follows the publication of the OBR’s 2021 Fiscal Risks Report, which examines the risks to public finances from the pandemic, climate change, and public debt.
MPs will explore topics including:
- the likelihood of the Government meeting its own requirements to return international foreign aid spending to 0.7% of Gross National Income;
- why the UK has spent more on its Covid response than many other similar economies; and
- whether the Treasury is adequately budgeting for Covid-related fiscal risks; and the potential impacts of an end to the Bank of England’s quantitative easing stimulus programme.
Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Richard Hughes, Chair of Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR)
- Andy King, Member of Budget Responsibility Committee
- Professor Sir Charles Bean, Member of Budget Responsibility Committee