Committee to hold evidence session into the roll-out and safety of smart motorways
18 May 2021
This session is the first session of the Transport Committee’s inquiry on the rollout and safety of smart motorways. MPs will hear from motoring groups and emergency services about the Government’s Smart Motorway Safety: Evidence Stocktake and Action Plan, which was published last March.
Purpose of the session
MPs will question witnesses about:
- whether the Government is right to continue the roll-out of smart motorways.
- extent to which the measures outlined in the Government’s 18-point action plan will enhance the safety of smart motorways.
- The performance of the Department for Transport and Highways England in relation to the rollout and safety of smart motorways.
Wednesday 19 May
- Edmund King, President at Automobile Association
- Mr Nicholas Lyes, Head of Roads Policy at RAC Motoring Services
- Elizabeth de Jong, Director of Policy at Logistics UK
- Chris Todd, Assistant Chief Constable at West Midlands Police
Image: DfT Flickr