Committee holds evidence session on the Global Travel Taskforce Report
8 April 2021
This session concerns the Global Travel Taskforce Report, published on Monday 12 April.
Purpose of the session
Likely topics for discussion include:
- Outlook for summer 2021 inbound and outbound international travel;
- Rebuilding consumer confidence;
- Health certification and testing;
- Border regulations and restrictions; and
- The long-term recovery of the UK aviation and travel industry.
Wednesday 14 April
- Brian Strutton, General Secretary, British Airline Pilots’ Association (BALPA)
- Simon McNamara, UK & Ireland Country Manager, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Mark Tanzer, Chief Executive, ABTA – The Travel Association
- Chris Garton, Chief Solutions Officer, Heathrow Airport
- Robert Courts, Minister for Aviation, Department for Transport
Please note that Parliament has stopped all non-essential visitor access to both Houses due to the circumstances around coronavirus. The session will be available to watch online, and a transcript will be published on the website a few days afterwards.
Image: Parliamentary copyright