Transport experts and officials to be questioned on reforming public transport after the pandemic
14 January 2021
As part of its inquiry on Reforming public transport after the pandemic,
the Transport Committee is hearing from transport officials and experts in France, Singapore and Sweden about the challenges facing their respective transport systems.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: Reforming public transport after the pandemic
- Transport Committee
MPs will question witnesses on how other countries are grappling with the challenges the pandemic placed on transport systems worldwide. The Committee will also look to:
- examine what lessons the UK can learn from how governments and transport authorities in other countries are responding to the transport challenges raised by the pandemic.
- generate ideas about what reforms to public transport could be introduced in the UK to address the problems raised by the pandemic and deliver some of the UK Government’s policy objectives, such as its net-zero carbon emissions target.
Wednesday 20 January 2021
- Roger Vahnberg, Senior Vice President, Västtrafik, and President, UITP Organising Authorities Division (Sweden)
- Jeremy Yap, Deputy Chief Executive, Land Transport Authority (Singapore)
- Yves Crozet, Emeritus Professor, Institute of Political Studies, University of Lyon Urban Planning Transport Economics Laboratory (LAET)