Committee explores the challenges of decarbonising the rail industry
5 November 2020
The Transport Committee questions the first panel of witnesses on the challenges of decarbonising the rail industry and what government support is needed to support this change. The second panel will likewise address these questions, but the Committee will also focus on the difficulty of decarbonising rail freight.
- Watch Parliament TV: Trains fit for the future?
- Inquiry: Trains fit for the future?
- Transport Committee
Wednesday 11 November 2020, virtual meeting
- David Clarke, Technical Director, Rail Industry Association
- Mary Grant, Chief Executive Officer, Porterbrook
- Leo Murray, Innovation and Communications Director, Riding Sunbeams
- Mark Gaynor, Head of Railway Strategy, Rail Delivery Group
- Paul Smart, former Managing Director, Freightliner
- Chris Smith, Managing Director, G-volution
Image: PA/John S