Minister for transport questioned on Brexit preparedness in the transport sector
8 October 2020
This is a one-off session which will focus on the transport of freight in the event of a UK-EU free trade agreement, the Government’s no-deal preparations in this area and the Government’s plans to manage any traffic congestion and disruption at the border from the end of the transition period.
- Watch Parliament TV: Brexit preparedness in the transport sector
- Inquiry: Brexit preparedness in the transport sector
- Transport Committee
The Committee will also question the minister on other transport-related aspects of a potential UK-EU deal, including those relating to aviation, rail and bus and coach travel. The session will look at the issues facing the movement of freight and transport in Northern Ireland.
Wednesday 14 October - remote participation by witnesses and Committee members. Please note that Parliament that there is no visitor access to both Houses due to the circumstances around coronavirus.
- Elizabeth de Jong, Director of Policy, Logistics UK
- Richard Burnett, Chief Executive, Road Haulage Association (RHA)
- Richard Ballantyne, Chief Executive Officer, British Ports Association
- Rachel Maclean MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Transport, Department for Transport
Image: Parliamentary copyright