Committee examine the impact of coronavirus for transport-freight and maritime
6 July 2020
The committee hears from representatives of freight industry bodies, and the shipping and maritime industry, as it examines the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the freight and maritime sectors.
Focus of the session
The session will examine how the transport of freight by road, rail, air and sea has been affected and the challenges freight operators face as the economy restarts and recovers, including how the pandemic has affected the industry's preparations for Brexit and its ability to decarbonise.
The committee will also look at the problems ports, ferry companies, cruise operators and seafarers have experienced and the Government's response to these challenges.
Wednesday 8 July 2020
• Elizabeth de Jong, Director of Policy, Freight Transport Association
• Maggie Simpson, Director General, Rail Freight Group
• Richard Burnett, Chief Executive, Road Haulage Association
• Benjamin Dove-Seymour, Director, CLdN
• Richard Ballantyne, Chief Executive, British Ports Association
• Gavin Simmonds, Policy Director, UK Chamber of Shipping