Grant Shapps MP questioned on his Department's response to the coronavirus crisis
18 June 2020
The Transport Committee hears from the Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, Secretary of State for Transport, on the Department's response to the coronavirus crisis, and the implications for cycling and walking, car use, buses, aviation, freight, maritime, and rail.
- Watch Parliament TV: Coronavirus: implications for transport
- Inquiry: Coronavirus: implications for transport
- Transport Committee
Wednesday 24 June - virtual session
- Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP, Secretary of State, Department for Transport
Focus of the session
The session is also expected to feature questions on:
- the Government's response to the pandemic and its implications for transport to date;
- the implications for the various transport sectors and the Department's performance in addressing these; and
- the implications for different modes of transport as the country eases lockdown and transport use increases.
Please note that Parliament has stopped all non-essential visitor access to both Houses due to the circumstances around coronavirus. The session, will be available to watch online, and a transcript for the session will be published on the website a few days afterwards.
Image: Parliamentary copyright