Mayor of London to give evidence on implications of coronavirus
16 July 2020
This is a one-off oral evidence session on the implications of coronavirus for Transport for London. The Committee hears from the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, and Transport for London officials.
Focus of the session
The session will explore the issues facing TfL as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Questions are likely to focus on a number of areas including:
- The protection of workers and passengers
- Funding and Government support
- Restarting London's transport
- Walking, cycling, and the reallocation of road space
- The Crossrail Project
Wednesday 22 July 2020
- Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London
- Simon Kilonback, Chief Financial Officer, Transport for London
- Gareth Powell, Managing Director of Surface Transport, Transport for London
Please note that Parliament has stopped all non-essential visitor access to both Houses due to the circumstances around coronavirus. The session, will be available to watch online, and a transcript for the session will be published on the website a few days afterwards.