Network Rail's 'Transformation Plan' examined by Committee
12 March 2018
The Transport Committee hears from a range of experts and commentators as part of its inquiry into rail infrastructure investment.
- Watch Parliament TV: Rail infrastructure investment
- Inquiry: Rail infrastructure investment
- Transport Committee
Monday 12 March 2018, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Nigel Harris, Managing Editor, Rail Magazine
- Mick Lynch, Assistant General Secretary, National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers
- Tammy Samuel, Partner, Stephenson Harwood
- Professor Andrew Smith, Professor of Transport Performance and Economics, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
Focus of the session
The session examines the adequacy of the current regulatory control period system and assess recent changes, including the Government's proposal to deal with railway enhancement projects separately, in a new "pipeline" process. It also assesses aspects of Network Rail's "Transformation Plan", including devolution of decision-making power from the centre to its routes, and the drive to bring more third-party investment into the railway.