Secretary of State questioned on Northwest Heathrow Runway
5 February 2018
In a session for its 'Airports National Policy Statement' inquiry, the Transport Committee hears from Chris Grayling MP on the Government's preferred expansion scheme.
- Watch Parliament TV: Airports National Policy Statement (NPS)
- Inquiry: Airports National Policy Statement (NPS)
- Transport Committee
Wednesday 7 February 2018, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State, Department for Transport
- Lucy Chadwick, Director General of International Security & Environment, Department for Transport
- Caroline Low, Director of Airport Expansion and Aviation and Maritime Analysis, Department for Transport
Focus of the session
This session is the Secretary of State's opportunity to answer questions about the case for a Northwest Runway at Heathrow, the Government's preferred expansion scheme, as set out in the Airports NPS. The session brings together the key issues examined so far, including Heathrow's strategic benefits, its costs and delivery risks, as well as impacts and mitigations related to noise, air quality and surface access.
- Read the House of Commons briefing on Heathrow expansion
- About Parliament: Select committees
- Visiting Parliament: Watch committees