DfT, Gatwick and Heathrow Hub representatives questioned on airports NPS
1 December 2017
The Transport Committee hears from the Airports Commission, Department for Transport (DfT), as well as Heathrow Hub and Gatwick airport representatives as part of its inquiry into the Airports National Policy Statement (NPS).
- Watch Parliament TV: Airports National Policy Statement (NPS)
- Inquiry: Airports National Policy Statement (NPS)
- Transport Committee
Monday 4 December 2017, Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- Philip Graham, Chief Executive, National Infrastructure Commission
- Caroline Low, Director, Aviation Capacity Delivery, Department for Transport
- Dennis Morgan, Head of Aviation Capacity Economics Team, Department for Transport
- Nick Dunn, Chief Financial Officer, Gatwick Airport
- Captain Jock Lowe, Director, Heathrow Hub Ltd
Focus of the session
The Committee hears from Phil Graham formerly of the Airports Commission, as well as Caroline Low and Dennis Morgan of the Department for Transport to work through the evidence base underpinning the revised NPS and how that has progressed since the Airport Commission published their final report in 2015. The Committee also hears from Nick Dunn of Gatwick Airport and Captain Jock Lowe of Heathrow Hub Limited to understand how their schemes compare against the Government's preferred scheme.
Image: Pexels (published under Creative Commons Zero licence)