Volkswagen Group emissions violations evidence session
7 October 2015
- Watch Parliament TV: Volkswagen Group emissions violations
- One-off evidence: Volkswagen Group emissions violations
- Transport Committee
Monday 12 October 2015, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Paul Willis, Managing Director, Volkswagen Group UK
- Mike Hawes, Chief Executive, SMMT
- Rt Hon. Patrick McLoughlin MP, Secretary of State, Department for Transport
- Michael Hurwitz, Director of the Energy, Technology & International Directorate, Department for Transport
- Ian Yarnold, International Vehicle Standards, Department for Transport
- Paul Higgs, Chief Executive, Vehicle Certification Agency
Focus of the session
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) gives evidence on the effect on the wider motor manufacturing sector.
The VCA and the Secretary of State for Transport are questioned on what steps the Government is taking to restore public confidence in the vehicle type approval testing regime.