Ministers questioned on arms export controls
6 June 2018
Committees on Arms Export Controls hold the concluding evidence session for their inquiry into UK arms exports during 2016.
- Watch Parliament TV: UK arms exports during 2016
- Inquiry: UK arms exports during 2016
- Committees on Arms Export Controls
The session explores the effectiveness of the UK's licensing regime for military and dual-use goods, including the application of the Consolidated Criteria. The Committees will also consider the gifting of controlled equipment by the Government, transparency and reporting on licences granted, and the impact Brexit may have on how goods are licenced. The Committees will also explore issues around arms brokering and prevention of corruption within the arms industry.
Wednesday 6 June 2018, Committee Room 16
- Graham Stuart MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for International Trade
- Sir Alan Duncan MP, Minister of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Edward Bell, Head of Export Controls Joint Unit, Department for International Trade
- Ben Fender, Head of Security Policy Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Image: Parliamentary Copyright