Strategic export controls and sanctions policies explored
25 June 2021
The Committees on Arms Export Controls will hold a further oral evidence session for its inquiry into UK arms exports in 2019.
- Watch Parliament TV: UK arms exports in 2019
- Inquiry: UK arms exports in 2019
- Committees on Arms Export Controls
Tuesday 29 June - remote participation by witnesses and Committee members
- Dr Clara Portela, Professor of Political Science, University of Valencia
- David Lorello, Of Counsel and Vice Chair of International Trade Controls Practice Group, Covington and Burling LLP
- Fenella McGerty, Senior Fellow for Defence Economics, International Institute for Strategic Studies
Purpose of the session
This is the fourth evidence session in the Committees’ inquiry into UK Arms Exports in 2019. Today’s session will explore, with expert commentators, the potential impact of the UK's withdrawal from the EU on strategic export controls and sanctions policies.