Government officials questioned on arms export controls: Initial review
3 November 2020
Committees on Arms Export Controls hold a general oral evidence session with Government officials.
- Watch Parliament TV: Arms export controls: Initial review
- Inquiry: Arms export controls: Initial review
- Committees on Arms Export Controls
Tuesday 10 November 2020, virtual meeting
- Amanda Brooks CBE, Director General, Trade Relations and Implementation, Department for International Trade
- Chris Chew, Head of Export Control Policy, Department for international Trade
- Rebecca Peer, Senior Lawyer, Export Control and Sanctions, Department for International Trade
Topics expected to be covered at the session include:
- Consequences for the arms export control system of the DfID/FCO merger;
- The work undertaken by the Department for International Trade and the Export Control Joint Unit as a result of the Appeal Court judgment in June 2018;
- Potential processing and/or enforcement delays in the arms export control system, including as a result of the reviews after the Court judgment and due to the Covid-19 pandemic; and
- Consequences of Brexit for arms export controls, including potential for deviation from the existing EU-based ‘Consolidated Criteria’ rules and information-sharing arrangements.
Image: Open Government Licence