Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission membership at the end of Parliament 2015-17
3 May 2017
The Chair and Members of the Committee at the end of the 2015 Parliament were:
Ex officio members
- Rt Hon John Bercow (Chair) (Speaker of the House of Commons)
- Rt Hon Ben Gummer (Conservative)
- Mr Bernard Jenkin (Conservative)
- Mr Marcus Jones (Conservative)
- Jessica Morden (Labour)
- Bridget Phillipson (Labour)
- Mr Gary Streeter (Conservative)
- Pete Wishart (Scottish National Party)
Of the six appointed members, one is a Member of the House of Commons who is a Minister with responsibilities in relation to local government. This appointment is made by the Prime Minister.
The other five appointed members are Members of the House of Commons who are not Ministers and are appointed by the Speaker.
Appointed members serve for the full length of the Parliament, unless they cease to be Members of the House, resign from the Committee, or another member is appointed in their place. They may be reappointed.