Cabinet Secretary Angus Robertson questioned on how the Scottish Government promotes Scotland internationally
17 March 2023
Angus Robertson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, External Affairs and Culture, will face the Scottish Affairs Committee to discuss the role of the Scottish Government in promoting Scotland internationally.
- Watch Parliament TV: Promoting Scotland Internationally
- Inquiry: Promoting Scotland Internationally
- Scottish Affairs Committee
Monday 20 March 2023, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster
- Reuben Aitken, Managing Director, International Operations, Scottish Development International
- Dr Stephen Baker, Regional Director Inward Investment, Asia Pacific, Regional Director Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Scottish Development International
- Rt Hon Angus Robertson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, External Affairs and Culture
- Scott Wightman, Director for External Affairs in the Scottish Government
The Committee also hears from Scottish Development International and the Director for External Affairs in the Scottish Government.
The session intends to delve into the role of the Scottish Government in promoting Scotland internationally and the international footprint of the Scottish Government and Scottish Development International and how well these offices engage with the UK network.
Members are also likely to seek witness views on how effectively Scottish interests are being represented and promoted by the UK Government, and any recommendations on where inter-governmental working in this area can be improved.
Image: Crown copyright/Open Government Licence v3.0