Scottish Affairs and Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committees lead cross-Committee COP26 scrutiny session
21 June 2021
The Scottish Affairs Committee and Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee will be hosting two sessions on Wednesday morning on COP26, looking at preparations for the summit in Glasgow and on engaging businesses.
- Watch Parliament TV: Committee on COP26: Preparing for a successful conference
- Watch Parliament TV: Net zero and UN climate summits
- Inquiry: Net zero and UN climate summits
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Scottish Affairs Committee
The evidence session will kick off with the Scottish Affairs Committee chairing, considering the readiness of organisations and the UK and Scottish Governments for delivering a successful COP26. Specific areas likely to be covered are:
- Logistical arrangements for COP26;
- The impact on the local area of Glasgow.
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee will then be questioning a panel including Nigel Topping, High Level Champion for Climate Action, and Andrew Griffith MP, UK Net Zero Business Champion, COP26, on issues relating to business engagement in COP26, the Government’s strategy for business in COP26, and on efforts to engage the public with the changes needed to deliver the COP agenda.
Wednesday 23 June
Scottish Affairs Committee - Witnesses from 9:30am
- Anne-Marie Trevelyan, Minister of State for BEIS, International Champion for Adaptation and Resilience
- Rosalyn Eales, Chief Operating Officer, COP26
- John Murton, UK COP26 Climate Envoy
Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Witnesses from 11:00am
- Nigel Topping, High Level Champion for Climate Action
- Andrew Griffith MP, UK Net Zero Business Champion, COP26
- Matt Toombs, Director of Partnerships and Engagement, COP26 Unit, Cabinet Office