Committee question Secretary of State for Scotland on the Scotland Office priorities for the upcoming months
10 October 2019
- Watch on Parliament TV: The work of the Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland
- Inquiry: The work of the Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland
- Scottish Affairs Committee
Purpose of the session
Earlier this year, the Committee made a number of recommendations about how the relationship between Scotland the UK could be improved. The Committee will be following up on its recommendation and explore whether the new Secretary of State is planning any changes in the role of the Scotland office.
In addition to this, the Committee will be asking about how effectively the Scotland Office has represented Scotland’s interest in Brexit negotiations, its assessment of what the PM’s deal, and no deal, would mean for Scotland.
The Committee will be exploring the Departments role in the proposed Shared Prosperity Fund, which will replace EU funding, and in City Region Deals including progress agreeing deal for all parts of Scotland.
Wednesday 16 October 2019, Room TBC
- The Rt Hon Alister Jack MP, Secretary of State for Scotland
- Robin Walker MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
- Gillian McGregor CBE, Director, Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland