Scottish Secretary to discuss covid impact on Scotland and Whitehall-Holyrood relations
11 September 2020
The Scottish Affairs Committee will question the Secretary of State for Scotland, Alister Jack, on the state of intergovernmental relations and lessons learned during the coronavirus pandemic on 17 September.
Purpose of the session
MPs will seek an update of progress made against recommendations made following Exercise Cygnus in 2017 specifically on pandemic preparedness and a Cabinet Office review of intergovernmental relations in 2018.
Mr Jack is also likely to be asked about the:
- economic and public health impacts of Covid-19 on Scotland; and
- implications of the Internal Market Bill on the Shared Prosperity Fund and intergovernmental relations.
The session will be the final session of the Committee’s Coronavirus and Scotland inquiry.
Thursday 17 September
- Rt Hon Alister Jack MP, Secretary of State for Scotland;
- Iain Stewart MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Scotland);
- Gillian McGregor CBE, Director, Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland.
Image: Parliamentary copyright